Friday, May 22, 2009

So much to tell...

It's been way too long - I know. My apologies. I have (frequently) admitted to being a bad blogger but the end of the semester makes it worse.

So, Riley had his 2nd birthday party (I'm still in shock that he's TWO!). It was TOO FUN! It was a Veggie Tales party and Hailey Peterson made the most adorable Bob and Larry cake along with a dozen French pea cupcakes. We rented an inflatable activity center and a good time was had by all.
How adorable - right? She's so incredibly talented!!
A test run on the slide the night before! He was pretty pumped!

Digging into that yummy cake and ice cream!

Riley has very generous friends! He received so many great gifts!

Then came a trip to the zoo! Jeff and I were off for Good Friday so we took Riley to the Jackson Zoo and HE LOVED IT! He asked for an elephant ("want elepant") no fewer than 100 times in the two-hour trip. He can do just about every animal sound (Any suggestions for zebra?) and still talks about what the animals were doing when we saw them ("rhino seepin'...in the mud"). Although the animals were pretty cool, the train ride around the zoo before we left was his favorite. I wish I could have captured the excitement and joy in his eyes each time the whistle blew! So sweet!
The baby rhino that was "not seepin'" when we came by.

Too cute! One of my favs!

The much anticipated "elepants"! 

We let Riley pick our seats and he picked the first row! He was so excited!

Close to that look but not quite!

I'm going to end this post now and start with Easter on the next. Adding the pics is becoming more difficult! :-)

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker