Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Do not...

A few days ago, Riley was in his car seat reading his Elmo pop-up book when I heard the sound of paper tearing. I explained he was tearing up his book and told him, "Do not tear your book." A few minutes later, I had to take it away to prevent any further damage and again reminded him, "Do not tear your book."

After some time passed, he ask for it back. As I was handing it back to him, he said, in a very stern voice, "Do not tear your book." I think he got the message...

Since then, he's added, "Do not get out of your bed."

Another quick one: Last night, I was lying in the floor next to his bed waiting for him to doze off. He had been still for awhile and I was just about to start heading out of the room when he leaned over the side of the bed, grabbed my nose, and said, "Honk." He grinned at me and then laid right back down.

Some additional Riley vocabulary:
carepul  -  careful
'lide  -  slide
TB  -  TV
hayud  -  head

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Laura, I loved the "honk" story. I laughed out loud because I could just picture it happening!

Carrie Mc said...

okay, the "honk" story is just too cute!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker