Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost Two...

Tomorrow morning we take Riley to see Dr. Ruff for his two-year check up. I can't believe it! The past two years have really flown by and he's grown into such a beautiful and happy little boy. My guess is 35 inches tall and 33 pounds (will post the results over the weekend!). 

He is loving this warmer weather and wants to play outside well into the evening. The only thing that will bring him inside is the promise of "A Bob." He can climb up into his playhouse all by himself and says "One, two, three - GO!" as he whisks down the slide. He still loves to swing and has just about mastered the glider. His sandbox (or b-box, as he calls it) is also a favorite; his "shubble" (shovel) is the tool of choice now. He also has a " 'winkle star" that he loves to make stars with in the sand.


The most amazing thing has been watching him put more and more words together. It feels as though he went from identifying objects to telling us what he wants and how he's feeling overnight. I still get teary-eyed when he tells me "I wuved you, Mama." Such a sweet, sweet boy...

I wish there was a way to slow things down - I want to soak it all up and never miss a moment.

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker