Friday, June 19, 2009

Where is the summer going?

Wow! I can't believe we're halfway through June! Riley is loving summer - he'd play outside all day (if his Mommy & Daddy could hang with him). He loves his swimming pool with the slide we got him and has a new appreciation for his sandbox. He can climb into his clubhouse with no help and is also getting close to mastering the rock wall. His favorite thing to do is just kick and then chase balls around the yard. It makes me tired (and hot!!) just watching him.

Riley has become quite the singer in the last few weeks. He has a whole set he can do - "Twinkle, Twinkle," "You are My Sunshine," "I See the Moon" - pretty cute! 

One of my favorite times with him is saying our bedtime prayers. He can say most of the "Now I Lay Me" prayer followed by a 5-10 minute "God bless" session. He always says the usuals - Mama, Daddy, grandparents, cousins, friends at school... But a few nights ago, he really got me. Just I thought we were winding down, he says, "God bless....Oso and Paw Pilot." For those who don't have a steady diet of Disney Channel programming, these are characters from a fairly new show that he has really come to like. Too funny!

Riley has also become quite a helper. He likes to help load the washing machine and then the dryer and he loves to help start the dishwasher. I'm hoping this helpful attitude will continue well into his teenage years...when those are no longer fun tasks but chores!

Just last week we converted his room to a "big boy" room. It was really sad for me...I can't believe how fast the last two years have gone by. He's been sleeping in a full-sized bed for about a month and seems to love it. We got his room painted and new bedding on his bed one day last week while he was at school. He ran into his room, climbed up on the bed and said, "It's CUUUTE!" I guess he likes it! 

Will try to post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker